Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Super Late Review Of Born This Way. PLUS I MADE PANCAKES THIS MORN.

Is it bad that I loved this cover?

I made super delicious pancakes today. I followed a recipe but they tasted a little more asian. I also used a little more oil than I should've but it tasted even better. If I break out in zits, oops. It was worth it though. I've been craving pancakes since........3 months ago. PANCAKU.
I'm going to review Born This Way like I planned to a while ago. I didn't because I didn't want to exercise my fingers. And my commentary would be like "This was pretty good/bad/potato."
Since it's pretty early today I shall start commentating! Hoho. Strangely I like Beyonce's 4 better than this. I know. Strange. Here I go.
1. Marry the Night-I was a bit bored with this. I also never really listened thoroughly, but it was just a hodgepodge of stuff that kind of bored me.
2. Born This Way-I thought it was going to be a slow song when she was sort of doing live teasers of it, but it turned out to be fast. I didn't love it in the beginning but it sort of grew a little on me. Plus it has a good message and you can feel some of those Madonna vibes lodged in there.
3. Government Hooker-I LOVED THIS. Especially the yodeling in the beginning to the small parts when she says "Ay mi papito." Classic.
4. Americano-This song wasn't my favorite but it was pretty cool because of the lyrics that told a story. The beginning sounded cliche but I guess it was a unique song overall.
5. Judas-Funny, I really hated this song because I hated the repetition of "Judas" but this one grew on me the most. I really like it now and I'm glad it came out as her second single.
6. Hair-This is one of my top favorites. I replayed this song like 23948239742937492374 times. I liked the saxophone in it and the dancey 80's feel. It wasn't as out there as Born This Way but it still had a strong message. Plus hair + freedom? Cool and weird comparison.
7. Scheisse-Scheisse means 'shit' in German. So when I found that out and inserted it into the song, it was like "SHIT BE MINE." Which sounds cool when you say it in a tough trucker voice. But the German didn't make sense at all. This song grew on me second fastest. I used to think there was way too much repetition but that's what makes this song itself.
8. Bloody Mary-I liked the intro, but this song was kind of sluggish like Marry the Night and Electric Chapel. There may've been faster parts but I just got really bored in the beginning.
9. Bad Kids-I loved this. It reminded me of Spice Girls/Madonna gone MAVERICK. ROGUE. Seeearah Peeahlin.
10. Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)-So I'm guessing Gaga was completely stoned when she wrote this. I used to think it was really stupid with her songs about ponies and unicorns but this eventually grew on me. Probably because it always came on when I did shuffle and I was too much of a lazyass to change it.
11. Heavy Metal Lover-I really like this! The intro is a bit slow but it got going after 40 seconds and I loved it.
12. Electric Chapel-BORRRING. I'm sorry. This was one of the 4 songs I actually downloaded before buying the CD and this one was the one I hated the most.
13. You and I-I had no way of putting the umlaut on the 'u'. But, this song was really nice and ballady but it was very repetitive. It was like Verse 1 YOU AND I YOU AND I x12 verse 2 YOU AND I YOU AND I x3495 Guitar solo YOU AND I YOU AND I (insert some growls and moans) x345. I liked how Brian May (guitarist in Queen) was featured in it but this is definitely not the best of her ballads.
14. Lastly there's Edge Of Glory-Some people thought this was a weak track but I personally liked it. It was adrenaline causing. It was simple but not way too repetitive and it was unique and it had the longest sax solo.
I also had the bonus track Fashion Of His Love: Her voice was a little chipmunky but I liked how it sounded Whitney Houston infused. And a tiny smidge of Spice Girls.
Overall, Born this Way has deeper meaning than the Fame and the Fame Monster and it has a tougher sound, but I think her versatility in the last two albums were a bit better. A ton of her songs sounded really different but now a lot of them sound not the same, but generally speaking 'similar' because all she really uses now is synthesizer and heavy beats and I don't know. You'd have to listen to the albums.
I also wish she used a different album cover. It's not easy to take the cover seriously but after a while I got used to it. She did so many photos for it and she picked this one. I guess it's not terrible but really now? I was expecting tentacles (oh baby), dismembered plastic babies, and dancing capybaras. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment